Welcome
Welcome to The Garden Of Dreams

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

A FLOWER FULL OF STARS "tribute to The Flower Kings"

The forum for discussion about the Music of The Flower Kings

Re: A FLOWER FULL OF STARS "tribute to The Flower Kings"

Postby bassman » 27 Nov 2011, 03:27

I listened again today , this really is a cool collection of tfk covers .:cool:
bassman

Postby Chessman » 27 Nov 2011, 15:08

bassman wrote:I listened again today , this really is a cool collection of tfk covers .:cool:

Totally agree bassman. I love it. ;)
Chessman

Postby flowerkingsfan » 09 Dec 2011, 22:13

I received my copy yesterday. Disc One is flawless-amazing! The other 3 discs are about 50/50, in my opinion. I am not a big fan of most Italian prog, for instance. On Disc Four "The Flower King" by Supernal Endgame is tremendous! I was a little disappointed in the versions of "Stardust We Are", "Church of Your Heart" and especially "My Cosmic Lover". I counted 21 excellent versions out of the 34 presented. Still I am impressed by the virtuosity of the groups, as a whole. And it is a worthwhile addition to the catalog.
flowerkingsfan

Postby NotSteven » 10 Dec 2011, 08:21

I must admit that I'm still sitting on a fence about getting a copy...
Serious dreamers always can afford the dreaming
NotSteven

Postby Chessman » 11 Dec 2011, 14:32

NotSteven wrote:I must admit that I'm still sitting on a fence about getting a copy...

I recommend you fall towards buying a copy, young man! ;)
Chessman

Postby NotSteven » 11 Dec 2011, 21:49

Chessman wrote:I recommend you fall towards buying a copy, young man! ;)

Just what I needed: a gentle push in the right direction...
Serious dreamers always can afford the dreaming
NotSteven

Postby Björn-Ola » 17 Dec 2011, 15:58

I have Supernal Endgames latest album. Roine is playing guitar on one of the tracks so I guess he payed back a little.

Nice album, by the way. Well worth having.
Björn-Ola

Postby flowerkingsfan » 23 Dec 2011, 22:07

After further listening..."The Way the Waters are Moving" done by Unitopia, in my opinion, is even better than the original. The versions of "Ghost of the Red Cloud", "Silent Sorrow", "Different People" and "What If God is Alone" are absolutely brilliant, as well. I wish someone had covered "Starlight Man" or "Love Supreme", though.
flowerkingsfan

Postby bassman » 22 Jan 2012, 05:23

Chessman wrote:
bassman wrote:I listened again today , this really is a cool collection of tfk covers .:cool:

Talking with my brother today ,we can't understand why this record has not received more of a welcome ? Is it because prog is a tiny market ? :cool:
bassman

Postby Symfoon » 25 Jan 2012, 15:30

bassman wrote:
Chessman wrote:

Talking with my brother today ,we can't understand why this record has not received more of a welcome ? Is it because prog is a tiny market ? :cool:

@Bassman, don't know if it has something to do with a tiny progmarket, bigger problem is i guess that those Colossus/Musea releases are really hard
to get (maybe because of bad distribution channels??) for regular (prog)customers... Since it was released i have never ran into a copy for sale at one
of the shops i visit to get my regular dose op new prog-cd's and there has also been very little advertising/promotion for this 4disc set imho... so maybe
a vast amount of proglovers doesn't even know this box excists. If i am not mistaken even Roine was doubting if he would offer it for sale in the TFK webshop, because 1) he thought it was kind of expensive 2) it is housed in an ancient thick cd-box and he didn't want any hassles with customers complaining that the box had been damaged during transport... I did not visit the TFK webshop lately so i don't know if it is for sale right now...

To be honest with you i myself don't even have a copy of this boxset, although i would love to have it!.... so maybe it's just time Colossus/Musea put a little
bit more effort in advertising/promotion of their releases, because they're worth it!!
"Nu is het tijd voor de eerste balade van de avond..." (J.Reingold)
Symfoon

Postby bassman » 03 Feb 2012, 04:09

Symfoon ,Amazon offers it ;)
bassman

Postby flowerkingsfan » 25 Jun 2015, 17:09

Listening to this tribute album again. How many bands have a 4 CD box set of groups paying homage to them? None besides TFK that I know of. Well worth having....
flowerkingsfan

Previous

Return to The Flower Kings