Welcome
Welcome to The Garden Of Dreams

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

ALBUM OF THE MONTH (JUL. 2012) - Banks of Eden

The forum for discussion about the Music of The Flower Kings

Re: ALBUM OF THE MONTH (JUL. 2012) - Banks of Eden

Postby Annie » 12 Aug 2012, 03:28

i've been listening to Banks of Eden for the last weeks and i just love it. It took me a little while to get into it, but now i'm in love. :)
I don't think it's their best cd ever but well, i'm terrible at picking favorites, especially when it comes to TFK. Like bassman said, it's another unique piece in the library. It's great as it is!
Annie

Postby projeKct » 12 Aug 2012, 18:42

Annie wrote:i've been listening to Banks of Eden for the last weeks and i just love it. It took me a little while to get into it, but now i'm in love. :)
I don't think it's their best cd ever but well, i'm terrible at picking favorites, especially when it comes to TFK. Like bassman said, it's another unique piece in the library. It's great as it is!

Well said, Annie. I agree with you all the way! 8-)
projeKct
Site Admin

Postby Chessman » 13 Aug 2012, 13:38

Totally agree Annie. It's a well rounded, fully satisfying album that I really love. Ok, it isn't a radical departure from their basic sound, but it's that basic sound that got me into them in the first place! I still think Roine is pleasantly surprised by the positive reviews of the album, and will, on the back of them, probably consider another double album release next. Here's hoping! ;)
Chessman

Postby Max Power » 15 Aug 2012, 11:54

Yeah the response is a bit surprising actually. Not sure where to put BoE either. I'm really into The BITWOA - TR period right now, so with that in mind it might be one of the better of the post TR era for me. I think waiting for every new TFK release gives me mixed feelings; it's like it has to be a disappointment right, they already did so much great stuff, how could they possibly keep on doing it and then there are also these insane high expectations, but on the other hand I feel secure: it's certain that the band will do everything to make superb quality.
Max Power

Postby bassman » 30 Aug 2012, 02:47

do any of y'all hear a similarity to bits of aoM ? :cool:
bassman

Postby darkshade » 01 Sep 2012, 01:39

bassman wrote:do any of y'all hear a similarity to bits of aoM ? :cool:

Sort of, like in the way Roine sings on BoE, or some of the structures. Thing is, I've listened to Banks of Eden like 15 times since it came out, whereas I think I've listened to The Black Forest maybe 5 times since it came out (and Dramarama 3 times since I got it a couple months ago). The vocals are 1000x better in TFK than AOM, and Tomas' keys make the TFK sound in my opinion. The only thing that I find a little strange is Jonas, who holds back a lot on BoE, his bass lines are very tasteful. I like it though, I just expected a little more flash from him, but I should have known, as his playing was more tasteful on the last Karmakanic album too.
darkshade

Postby Symfoon » 13 Sep 2012, 15:03

bassman wrote:do any of y'all hear a similarity to bits of aoM ? :cool:

Unfortunately i do.... maybe that's also why i am not really 'wild' about Banks of Eden (after about 20 spins on vinyl and cd)
;) seriously what i miss most on Banks of Eden is a sparkling production/sound it all sounds a bit to compressed to my ears.
"Nu is het tijd voor de eerste balade van de avond..." (J.Reingold)
Symfoon

Postby bassman » 18 Oct 2012, 03:23

Symfoon ,here is a idea for you ...listen to Wallstreet Voodoo [disc one] ,then listen to BoE . I think these make a perfect blend . If your not satisfied , call me in the morning .:cool:
bassman

Postby bassman » 14 Feb 2013, 04:20

ok ,we all have had a while to listen to BoE ...now what do you think of it ? :cool:
bassman

Postby Symfoon » 14 Feb 2013, 15:32

bassman wrote:ok ,we all have had a while to listen to BoE ...now what do you think of it ? :cool:

Infact i have been listening more to Paradox Hotel, Stardust we are, Instant Delivery and Tour Kaputt lately than i
have been to Banks of Eden.... :mrgreen:

So for me Banks of Eden is just an avarage in the TFK discography.... with (imho!) just one really great track - Rising the imperial.
As said before this album suffers from mediocre sound and production and specially the drums (just like on the Agents of Mercy albums)
sound really dull and 'cheap'. Where have the days gone of Jaime and Zoltan when all the drums and percussion sounded fresh, direct, clean
and crisp in the mix????
"Nu is het tijd voor de eerste balade van de avond..." (J.Reingold)
Symfoon

Postby bassman » 26 Feb 2013, 03:00

Symfoon ,
I don't know ,or should i say hmmm ... I disagree . :shock:
I crank my sub woofer ,dial in the EQ ,and I get a great record to listen to .
Some tFK records have me sailing across ,some have me flying across ,this Banks of Eden has me swimming or peddling across . But ,I definitely get across.
It's a great ride . :D
bassman

Postby carlosb » 14 Apr 2017, 10:14

Rising The Imperial played by Jonas Reingold and Andy Bartosh (sung by Jonas):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML5D68I ... e=youtu.be

Enjoy it...
carlosb

Previous

Return to The Flower Kings