Welcome
Welcome to The Garden Of Dreams

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Bill Nelson/ BeBop deLuxe

General discussion about anything your heart desires

Bill Nelson/ BeBop deLuxe

Postby Kaipa » 17 Oct 2013, 11:37

Is there anyone familiar with Bill Nelson or his band BeBop Deluxe, i have all the BeBop albums and about 7 albums of Bill Nelson. A very good composer/guitarplayer/singer/ painter.

Sometimes i have the idea that i'm in the Netherlands one of the very few who knows him and have a lot of albums.

The live cd/dvd "at the Metropolis" studio is amazing.
Kaipa

Re: Bill Nelson/ BeBop deLuxe

Postby wowie » 17 Oct 2013, 12:28

no idea, do you have any link??
“I would rather be a man of paradoxes than a man of prejudices.” - IDIC
wowie

Postby projeKct » 17 Oct 2013, 14:04

I would be interested too... This name rings a bell for me, I think they've released some albums on the DGM (Robert Fripp) label some time ago. And it sounded nice!
projeKct
Site Admin

Postby Kaipa » 17 Oct 2013, 15:01

projeKct wrote:I would be interested too... This name rings a bell for me, I think they've released some albums on the DGM (Robert Fripp) label some time ago. And it sounded nice!

Here are some links, but i don't know if he ever on DGM

http://www.allmusic.com/artist/be-bop-d ... 0000127337

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp? ... iscography

http://www.billnelson.com/
Kaipa

Postby Kaipa » 17 Oct 2013, 15:03

wowie wrote:no idea, do you have any link??

http://www.allmusic.com/artist/be-bop-d ... 0000127337

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp? ... iscography

http://www.billnelson.com/

For BeBop counts that it is beautiful guitar music. For his ( later ) solowork there is lots of keyboards.
Kaipa

Postby wowie » 17 Oct 2013, 17:04

no need to post it twice ;)

thanks for the links.
a lot of stuff he got.
its kind of new wave, ambient, rock, country ....
with a lot of interesting guitar/synth stuff all over .... for me as a drummer not that interesting but anyway

havent heard the bebox or red noise one, but i will do ....
“I would rather be a man of paradoxes than a man of prejudices.” - IDIC
wowie

Postby projeKct » 17 Oct 2013, 23:55

Wow, this guy is crazy! Look at his discography! Is he some kind of a new Frank Zappa?? :shock:
projeKct
Site Admin

Postby progtastic mate » 22 Oct 2013, 11:12

I've got sunburst finish and axe victim. Bebop deluxe were big in the 70's - about the size of wishbone ash, that sort of popularity. Bill nelson was always a well respected guitar player. I don't know any other albums but those two are worth a listen. Ships in the night was the big song of theirs that most people will know.
Don't ask me, I'm just making it up as i go along
progtastic mate

Postby Kaipa » 31 Oct 2013, 12:03

progtastic mate wrote:I've got sunburst finish and axe victim. Bebop deluxe were big in the 70's - about the size of wishbone ash, that sort of popularity. Bill nelson was always a well respected guitar player. I don't know any other albums but those two are worth a listen. Ships in the night was the big song of theirs that most people will know.

"Ships in the Night " is good but "Crying to the Sky " is one of the most beautiful ballads i've ever heard. A song about Jimi Hendrix.
Kaipa

Postby Kaipa » 31 Oct 2013, 12:05

And here's a to do list from Bill Nelson:
Something from a artist that is not known so wide a lot .

Busy, busy here...as usual. A new album completed but running order not yet chosen. Artwork to create for same and mastering to be done as soon as possible. Hopefully a pre-Christmas release.

A three volume compilation set to introduce newcomers and old Be Bop Deluxe fans to my 21st Century recordings has been compiled, (for download only,) but LOTS of artwork to create for that.

A new video just finished today and uploaded to my facebook page for the instrumental 'Astron.'

A filmed interview to be made tomorrow on the history of Wakefield's 'Unity Hall'and my memories of it from childhood.

Preliminary talks being held about me making music for a new documentary film project based on next year's 'Tour De France' cycle race which is going to pass through Yorkshire.

A further session coming up at the end of this month for the album I'm recording with Reeves Gabrels.

Have been invited to submit music for an American independent film being made next year.

Writing text for inclusion in the exhibition 'Noise And Whispers' in which my 'Lacuna' video is being exhibited. (In London in November.)

Mentally working on ideas for two new vocal albums for next year.

Thinking about what form next year's Nelsonica might take. Artwork to be created for same and performance aspects to be prepared.

A new DVD of my audio-video work to be assembled and package art to be created.

Volume 2 of 'Painting With Guitars' to be begun as soon as time allows.

A CD remastered 'Altar Pieces' to be created and released.

A musical contribution to be made to Dave Sturt's solo album as soon as time allows.

Further work on future Esoteric/Cherry Red re-issues to be done.

And a few other things which I've either forgotten or don't have time at this late hour to type up.

BEDTIME!!!
Kaipa

Return to Flower Power