Welcome
Welcome to The Garden Of Dreams

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Canada & Sweden!

A forum dedicated to the introduction of you

Canada & Sweden!

Postby StepOnIt » 20 Aug 2010, 22:08

Hi folks, my name is Aaron, I'm from Toronto (the city that prog forgot!) and I've been a Flower Kings fan for about ten years now. Roine is my third-biggest influence as a songwriter (the top two spots are reserved for PFM and Mike Keneally).

I'll be visiting an old friend in Stockholm from October 18-26 (my first trip off North America!), and I'm wondering if there are any noteworthy indie-prog bands playing over those dates that I should check out. Anyone have any suggestions?

Jag vill också öva min svenska. Skratta inte! :P
StepOnIt
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 20 Aug 2010, 21:55

 

Re: Canada & Sweden!

Postby projeKct » 20 Aug 2010, 22:40

Hi Aaron!

A big WELCOME on this forum!!!

I would be interested in hearing your music, as TFK and PFM are on my top-list too! However, I don't the music of Mike Keneally.

Do you sing and/or play several instruments?

Julien
User avatar
projeKct
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1322
Joined: 04 Oct 2008, 15:09
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Canada & Sweden!

Postby StepOnIt » 20 Aug 2010, 22:44

Thanks Julien!

I play bass and synthesizers. I'm in the process of mastering a CD of original instrumental compositions.

In the meantime here's a silly little presentation I put together just for fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrOSrJpGS3Y
StepOnIt
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 20 Aug 2010, 21:55

Re: Canada & Sweden!

Postby wowie » 21 Aug 2010, 09:11

great idea!!
your canterbury is very trippy :D

enjoy the board and your trip to sweden!
“I would rather be a man of paradoxes than a man of prejudices.” - IDIC
User avatar
wowie
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: 15 Oct 2008, 11:09
Location: ffm

Re: Canada & Sweden!

Postby projeKct » 21 Aug 2010, 13:00

StepOnIt wrote:Thanks Julien!

I play bass and synthesizers. I'm in the process of mastering a CD of original instrumental compositions.

In the meantime here's a silly little presentation I put together just for fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrOSrJpGS3Y

I don't think your presentation is silly... the first half is excellent! and, well the other is more "experimental"... ;)

10-15 years ago I composed some stuff on my computer (MIDI music) and you may like my style! :)

I'll see if I can find a way to share some with you.

And I would be interested in hearing samples of your CD and possibly buy it !!!

Julien
User avatar
projeKct
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1322
Joined: 04 Oct 2008, 15:09
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Canada & Sweden!

Postby NotSteven » 25 Aug 2010, 11:55

StepOnIt wrote:I'll be visiting an old friend in Stockholm from October 18-26 (my first trip off North America!), and I'm wondering if there are any noteworthy indie-prog bands playing over those dates that I should check out. Anyone have any suggestions?


Hello Aaron, and welcome to the forum.

Why not take a little detour to Finland (east of Sweden) and catch The Power of Two who play at Helsinki on the 22nd.
http://www.elmu.fi/node/726
Serious dreamers always can afford the dreaming
NotSteven
 
Posts: 1002
Joined: 06 Oct 2008, 09:04
Location: Finland

Re: Canada & Sweden!

Postby StepOnIt » 26 Aug 2010, 05:04

NotSteven wrote:Hello Aaron, and welcome to the forum.

Why not take a little detour to Finland (east of Sweden) and catch The Power of Two who play at Helsinki on the 22nd.
http://www.elmu.fi/node/726


You've just given me a slightly expensive but incredibly awesome idea. Thanks!
StepOnIt
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 20 Aug 2010, 21:55

Re: Canada & Sweden!

Postby NotSteven » 26 Aug 2010, 05:51

StepOnIt wrote:You've just given me a slightly expensive but incredibly awesome idea. Thanks!


You're welcome.
Serious dreamers always can afford the dreaming
NotSteven
 
Posts: 1002
Joined: 06 Oct 2008, 09:04
Location: Finland

Re: Canada & Sweden!

Postby tullman » 04 Sep 2010, 14:20

Yeah I lived in tORONTO all through the 80's and your right there is no prog there . even if some of the best hard rock and prog bands ,Rush TRiumph Klaatu are from TO... and I hate to admit this, but there are excellent, excellent clubs in the city. they close early compare to Montreal but the blues acts , which I really got into when I lived there , are great.
tullman
 
Posts: 114
Joined: 26 May 2009, 14:21
Location: Compton , Quebec


Return to Different People

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron
suspicion-preferred