Welcome
Welcome to The Garden Of Dreams

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Garden of Dreams, studio version

The forum for discussion about the Music of The Flower Kings

Garden of Dreams, studio version

Postby projeKct » 16 Jul 2015, 01:32

Well, I'm listening to this right now...

Many years ago, I was thinking that this was my favorite composition ever...

And I must say that today... I still think the same!

What a GREAT epic track. I'm in love with it. Because it is musically perfect. Recurring themes, lots of surprises, great solos, the whole thing (59 minutes) really feels like one long track (not as 18 tracks)...

The production is not perfect (the drums sound weird) but I can live with it. The music is SO great that I can forgive it all...

For me, it is THE Flower Kings greatest track. Anyone else with me on this?

Peace! :)
projeKct
Site Admin

Re: Garden of Dreams, studio version

Postby carlosb » 16 Jul 2015, 09:40

I agree with you. It's a great track, complex, varied and with a common thread. It is beautiful (like almost all the great music of TFK).
carlosb

Postby Chessman » 16 Jul 2015, 20:23

Absolutely agree 100%. My favourite Flower Kings track, and it's on my favourite Flower KIngs album too!

Love every minute of it. There are many great and varied epics out there, by many great bands, but the only one that can just about equal it, for me anyway, is Supper's Ready.
If I was stuck on a desert island, I'd have to have those two tracks with me. 8-)
Chessman

Postby Max Power » 16 Jul 2015, 21:57

Not my favourite on FP, I think it's The Painter instead.
Still the best album of 1999 altogether and the second best of all things rock in the 90's decade for me.
Although if I was stuck on a desert island and I only could pick 'tracks' I would simply go for all the longest TFK tracks..
Max Power

Postby NotSteven » 17 Jul 2015, 07:11

The studio version of Garden of Dreams is amazing, for sure, but I really can't put all those fantastic TFK tracks in a crude order of preference. They all stand so tall from my lowly point of view that it's hard to see the tops, so to speak, and tell how high they actually reach... Having said that, and being the contrarian that I somewhat unfortunately am, I believe my "ideal" GoD would be like the one on Meet the Flower Kings - shorter, yes, and slightly more concise, making it better suited to my 45-50 minute attention span (shades of vinyl albums I was weaned on).

(I'll get my gardening kit...)
Serious dreamers always can afford the dreaming
NotSteven

Postby Max Power » 07 Sep 2015, 18:31

Played Garden of Dreams while putting my baby to sleep this week. Since that day she slept better than ever :shock: (she hardly ever sleeps; true dragon/ fussy baby!)
Max Power

Postby projeKct » 07 Sep 2015, 19:18

Max Power wrote:Played Garden of Dreams while putting my baby to sleep this week. Since that day she slept better than ever :shock: (she hardly ever sleeps; true dragon/ fussy baby!)

Wow!!

And at what time does she sleep? Which track??
projeKct
Site Admin

Postby Max Power » 07 Sep 2015, 20:27

She passed out when the actual garden of dream track began :D (I knew that was going to be the moment! ^^) , it was nap time, she napped until the final words of the epic from then on... 'this dream is real the final deal, it's more than we asked for for evermore...'. At night she sleeps around 7 pm now.
Max Power

Postby Bargamon » 08 Sep 2015, 20:55

I think too GoD is my favorite!
The last 4 min of the song is the emotional perfection. Play it at my funeral. The highest compliment I can give a song!

I agree the "Meet the FLower kings" version is tops. a bit less "busy" and less dated.

I dare not play this masterpiece more than 2-3 times a year. I savor it.

"Stardust" is nearly as good. Because the ending has become a staple of each show it kind of got over played for me. I forget how great powerful the first 2/3rds of the song is!!
"See me, Feel me....Will I live for ever....../"

"I am the Sun" could have been the best! "Never refuse What I offer lets move a mountain...." !!!!!! The song after 5 min loses itself. "I left my heart in San Francisco"????
They over did it. Somehow a blend of parts one and two need be fused to one 9 minute song.

Adam and Eve my dark horse favorite!!! Song has risen thru the ranks as its unpredictable with a bit of Roine snarky tones. The bass is incredible! Daniel Glidenow has heavy influence in this song.

"The Road Home" is great because its remixed and sonically dressed up. I love this recording. Its my second choice to recommend to someone.

I'd buy the whole catalog over if they remixed some of the earlier recordings!

"Meet the flower kings" is the one recording I usually recommend.
Bargamon

Postby Chessman » 17 Oct 2015, 21:45

It's so hard to choose a top anything list from TFK as they're all so bloody good! When it comes to the epics its especially hard.
Nevertheless, I think my top three epics would be:

1) Garden Of Dreams
2) Stardust We Are
3) Devil's Playground

Just behind would be The Truth Will Set You Free and probably Silent Inferno or Drivers Seat, or Love Supreme....see how hard it is? :lol:
Chessman

Postby projeKct » 18 Oct 2015, 01:19

Your top 3 (or 4... or 5... or...) is pretty much the same as mine!! :)
projeKct
Site Admin

Return to The Flower Kings