Welcome
Welcome to The Garden Of Dreams

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

A forum dedicated to the introduction of you

Postby FKYES » 15 Oct 2013, 01:18

Hi everyone. My name is Don Cassidy and I am the president of Delicious Agony Progressive Rock Radio (http://www.deliciousagony.com). The Flower Kings are my far my favorite modern band and I started hosting a weekly internet show at my station entitled, Garden of Dreams, back in May of 2003 that featured the music of the band and all related projects. For this reason, I have had the honor of getting to know the band members and I have conducted over 20 interviews with the various band members over the years, I still host Garden of Dreams on a monthly basis on Thursday nights if you want to give a listen.

My greatest thrill was when Tomas Bodin asked myself and my partner Renee, to do the radio voices for the Eggs and Dogs album, You Are. This is an experience that I will never forget. I have seen the Flower Kings in concert on nine occassions, with the first one in 2001 in New Jersey. The last two performances were at Rosfest last year and with the Neal Morse Band two days later. Right now, I am currently looking forward to the next performance on the Prog Nation Cruise!

I live in Long Island, New York and I work as a school administrator supervising programs for students with disabilities.

I have spent time in the past on The Flower Kings mailing lists, but I tend to not have as much time as I used to, but this is my first visit to this forum. I do hang out on some other progressive rock forums but the negativity and prog snobbiness tends to chase me away. Thank you for letting me join The Garden of Dreams. I am hoping to be an active member.

Don Cassidy
FKYES

Re: New Member

Postby projeKct » 16 Oct 2013, 01:48

Welcome Don,

I hope this place will please you.

I'm also working in education. I'm a math teacher for 16-17 y.o. students.

Feel free to post and reply anything you want!!

:)
projeKct
Site Admin

Return to Different People