Welcome
Welcome to The Garden Of Dreams

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

The Flower Kings dead?

The forum for discussion about the Music of The Flower Kings

Re: The Flower Kings dead?

Postby Symfoon » 31 Oct 2016, 17:32

Max Power wrote:Just wondering about the US tour problem, but does TFK really need to tour to live on? Some amazing bands perfectly did fine without it. I think new TFK music is still the priority :D

Max, i'd like to point out that nowadays it's about common sense that almost no one earns a dime anymore with selling cd's or lp's. Most money of today's artists is being made 'on the road'
FYG if TFK's sells 30 t0 maybe 50.000 copies of their albums world wide it's being considered to be a mega-hit-seller! you simply cannot live from the revenues being earned by just selling
cd's you need to go on tour to make a few bucks extra when you are a professional musician like Roine.
"Nu is het tijd voor de eerste balade van de avond..." (J.Reingold)
Symfoon

Postby projeKct » 01 Nov 2016, 01:58

Symfoon wrote:It's shocking to notice everyone in the stadium goes wild for this proposal on stage and no one actually seems to bother the fact they're just witnessed prove of the fact that they are all just listening to a tape or harddisc with pre-recorded music and vocals at this supposed live concert.... All of the footage of this tour shows that there are actually no musicians on stage at all...

Wow! Not surprising... but quite depressing!! :roll:
projeKct
Site Admin

Postby projeKct » 13 Jan 2017, 00:15

Back on topic...

This message is from Tomas (on the Yahoo group)...

Hi

We haven't talked about any quiting.
Roine is busy working overtime with Kaipa and probably a new album with Jon.

So I guess later :)

Tomas

So TFK is still alive... so is Tomas!
projeKct
Site Admin

Postby Symfoon » 17 Jan 2017, 11:15

Rumour has it that Roine's first 'new' work with Jon will be - a hifi lover's re-mix/master ltd-edition of the 1st Anderson/Stolt album - i.e. an album that really sounds good...." with better sounding drums, bass en less to non compression...." to quote Mr. Stolt. So it seems we were once again ripped off with an inferior sounding 'product'.... If you remember well we've had this discussion/topic already more than once overhere about bad sounding drums etc. on the last few TFK, AoM, Karmakanic and A/S albums.... :cry: :roll: :oops: :evil:
"Nu is het tijd voor de eerste balade van de avond..." (J.Reingold)
Symfoon

Postby projeKct » 17 Jan 2017, 18:04

We'll have to wait and hear. Maybe the new mix will be even worse?! Who knows... ;)

IMO, the "1st prize" for bad mix of a TFK-related album goes to Dramarama by AoM. This album sounds so wrong (but the music is quite interesting). Then, in 2nd place I would say maybe Invention of Knowkedge... (but this time just because of the balance between vocals and instruments... and the music bores me a bit).
projeKct
Site Admin

Postby srs » 17 Jan 2017, 18:39

I think the current mix of Invention of Knowledge has problems so I welcome this new release. The new Kaipa on the other hand sounds perfect to me! I totally agree that it isn't generally a good idea to re-release things over and over (especially this has only been out a year) but I think this needed it. But TFK has been pretty good about not making us buy their albums twice. I think I only have two copies of a few FK albums and that is because of the Japanese editions with bonus tracks or the SHMCD box set which I wanted, and those aren't even remixes. Maybe the only remix one is the AoM Fading Ghosts of Twilight which has a different mix and vocals corrected on its re-release.
srs

Postby Bargamon » 17 Jan 2017, 22:56

I enjoyed the "Roine" mix to the first Transatlantic album very much. Not sure it was necessary but since I never paid for the first copy I had, I was all too happy to buy one.
Glad to see there will be a new mix as the album is a bit flat, but as described by others, it is a bit boring.

New Kaipa de Capa sounds good, but I don't buy love non english music unless its Brazilian Bossa (Portuguese).
I guess I don't have great enthusiasm for another Anderson/Stolt if they are just going to mail it in again.
Jon Anderson is a bit too full of himself either by interview, rude towards Roine, and uninteresting music.
While not commercially viable, I'd be first to pre order a Roine solo project. His bits on the Tangent were always the highlights and his "voodoo Wall street" is still one of my favorites.
Roine's vocals are far from excellent but he just has an honest texture to his efforts. Is his version of "Cinema show" superior to Peter Gabriel or Phil? Of course not! But it works for me! Perhaps there arrange adds to it!!
Bargamon

Postby wowie » 18 Jan 2017, 08:34

uhja a Roine Stolt solo project would be very cool and interesting i think!!!

U know about CASH MUSIC?
https://cashmusic.org/
its an interesting approach for production, publishing and band-fan relationships and it explores the ways how the band can connect, sell and so on ...
The band could register the fans and see what they buy ... and u could sell packages ... and for example if you bought the original release like IoK, you are free or got fewer charge for a remix or something ...

can anybody tell about the production/sound of the last Jon Anderson albums?
“I would rather be a man of paradoxes than a man of prejudices.” - IDIC
wowie

Postby Chessman » 06 Feb 2017, 23:00

The Flower Kings will be back, I betcha! ;) Roine's been involved in so many diverse and interesting projects over the years that it becomes hard to come up with something entirely new and fresh all the time. Maybe he secretly yearns for a few months off, but can't afford to relax too much yet - bills to pay etc.
For me however, his work with TFK is still the most impressive work he's done, though Kaipa comes close at times. I think he also knows and values his audience and their loyalty. I think the next TFK album will be very strong after such a long lay off. Let's just wait and see. ;)
Chessman

Previous

Return to The Flower Kings