Welcome
Welcome to The Garden Of Dreams

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Hello there!

A forum dedicated to the introduction of you

Hello there!

Postby Annie » 22 Jan 2012, 02:26

I'm Annie. I'm 26 years old and I live in the countryside of Sao Paulo, Brazil. I'm originally from Sao Paulo city but I moved to the countryside when i entered the university. I'm studying veterinary medicine and I should become a proper veterinarian in 2 years. :? :)

Are there any other brazilians around? I highly doubt it, but well, here i am. :geek:

I really like prog music such as TFK, Frost*, Transatlantic, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, Neal Morse, Spocks Beard and so on. On the other hand, I also enjoy lots of other stuff, from doom metal to pop. :geek:

:?
Annie

Re: Hello there!

Postby projeKct » 22 Jan 2012, 07:04

Welcome here!!

I think we share exactly the same taste for music... mostly prog rock but nearly every other genres too!

I think you're the first Brazilian to come here, and also one of the few girls... I know only two Brazilian artists: Bïa (pop/world music/chanson) and Céu (electro/lounge/pop). They are both very good!

So you like more upbeat prog rock... or is it just and incomplete list? I also like mellower/darker prog acts such as White Willow, King Crimson, Pain of Salvation, Anekdoten, Paatos, Harmonium, PFM, Banco...

See you soon! :)
projeKct
Site Admin

Postby Annie » 24 Jan 2012, 17:10

haha i already expected that there wouldn't be any brazilians.. i know very few people in person that know and like TFK. It's a shame, really.
On the other hand, I expected that you'd mention something like Tom Jobim, Hermeto Pascoal, Angra and Sepultura! haha! I do not know Bia but I know Céu. It's pretty good indeed. :)
I like all the bands you mentioned (except for harmonium, which i havent heard yet!), so i guess our taste for music is very similar indeed :ugeek:
Annie

Postby Max Power » 28 Jan 2012, 14:42

Hmm thought I was the youngest one in here, so another 26 year old comes in :)

Interesting you mention Doom metal, I'm currently listening to Esoteric - Epistemological despondency. Other favouritesof mine are Skepticism, Candlemass, Winter, Shape of Despair and Evoken. I know a brazilian dude who seems to be open for prog, he calls himself Netin/Saraiva and has a sister helena, although I forgot wether they lived in sao paulo or not (but they might!).
Don't know anything about Tom Jobim and Hermeto Pascoal, but I like Angra (temple of shadows) and Sepultura (Morbid visions, Beneath the remains)! :D

Welcome btw ;)
Max Power

Postby Annie » 26 Feb 2012, 04:14

haha awesome!
i like skepticism and candlemass as well. thank you! :)
Annie

Postby NotSteven » 29 Feb 2012, 00:13

Sorry, Annie, I've got extreme difficulties in reading your posts because of that lovely cat (your own, by any chance?) you've chosen as your avatar - a veritable eye-catcher, that one. Welcome to the forum and good luck with your studies.
Serious dreamers always can afford the dreaming
NotSteven

Postby Annie » 02 Mar 2012, 01:59

hahaha yes! that's my cat Thor! He's beautiful.. i love him. Thank you very much!
Annie

Postby Chessman » 03 Mar 2012, 15:04

Hi Annie!

I know I'm a bit late, but I just wanted to welcome you to the forum too. We are a friendly bunch here - I think so anyway - so feel free to relax and discuss any music you want!
I have to admit a total lack of knowledge regarding Brazilian music, in fact, regarding South American music in general I'm afraid. The only album I have from 'around' that area is Angels And Demons, by a band called Cast, from Mexico, so they aren't really 'local' to you! I am, however, a big Steve Hackett fan, and have all his albums, so I do have some connection with Brazil through his ex-wife's album covers. (Kim Poor is from Brazil of course!)
What prog acts can you recommend from Brazil?

Regards,

Carl.
Chessman

Return to Different People