Welcome
Welcome to The Garden Of Dreams

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Talk about GOOD MOVIES

General discussion about anything your heart desires

Talk about GOOD MOVIES

Postby wowie » 23 Oct 2008, 12:56

So for all ART lovers, and also for those who believe in the necessarity of distraction or simply believe in the phenomenon of happiness, heres the thread for all who want to share and talk about MOVIES.
And because we are a progressive forum :mrgreen: we should not only focus on hi-def cinema or so called Blockbuster.
So every post that is about moving pictures (you know what i mean) is welcome. Even if its a private video of someone sitting on his toilet and listening to Devils Playground... :ugeek:

THIS IS NO
Not bad!! Leland Palmer (Ray Wise) and the rest of the cast is great!
Even if you pretty early know whats up, its still entertaining - specially the brain masturbation scene!!
The finish is a mix of modern surrealism and classic myth. Not extraordinary but solid.
And beware of the überscary potato chips ;)

so long, keep watching!!
“I would rather be a man of paradoxes than a man of prejudices.” - IDIC
wowie

Movietime!

Postby Mr.Landlord » 07 Nov 2008, 17:52

Well, it's time to get down to some serious movie discussions again. Please post recommendations if you see anything worth seeking out (or avoid) on the screen or in the cinema.

Some good ones I have seen recently:

An absolutely astonishing documentary I saw at a festival a couple of weeks ago. It's about this eccentric guy who walked on a line between the twin towers at the beginning of the 70s. The doc shows all the preparations and feelings that the involved went through in advance of this illegal stunt. I think it's out on dvd now. Check it out!

The swedish "Let the right one in" was definatily the most exhilirating event during the course of this festival. This is a swedish vampire/coming of age drama that has a chilly and melancholic look to it. Great performances, original concept, superb early 80s setting and overall maybe the best new movie I have seen all this year. See the original before the american remake appears next year.
If you can talk brilliantly about a problem, it can create the consoling illusion that it has been mastered.
-Stanley Kubrick
Mr.Landlord

Re: Talk about GOOD MOVIES

Postby Mr.Landlord » 08 Nov 2008, 01:17

Oh, sorry. I didn't know there already was a movie thread up and running. Wowie beat me to it :) Anyway, 'Dead End' is a really cool little horror flick. It walks that fine line between horror and comedy. I love that scene where they find the dismembered and burned body of that girl's boyfriend. Never showing the body, but having the spectators removing his mobile with a stick. Pretty gross without really showing anything.
If you can talk brilliantly about a problem, it can create the consoling illusion that it has been mastered.
-Stanley Kubrick
Mr.Landlord

Postby wowie » 08 Nov 2008, 10:31

;) No problem, our admin used some duck tape and im fine with it.
Thanks for the fine recommendation, like always!

And yes, they had some nice ideas in 'DEAD END'.
They even showed the fascination and the aversion of the young guy who pulled the handy out of the bloody mass.
You know, this act when he holds this little bit of flesh in his hands after the handy is already out.

WOW WOW WOW this is an extra-extra-ordinary flick!!
I wont tell you anything, you have to see it.
I just can say, this is tragic, super painful but without result ;) , surreal, beautiful, mystic and i dont know what else.
Not from this planet - WATCH IT!!
wowie

Postby Mr.Landlord » 08 Nov 2008, 15:02

Nice to see 'Anderland aka The Bothersome Man aka Den Brysomme Mannen' getting some recognition outside Norway. I absolutely agree with you, wowie. Amazing film! There's not a lot of good, original movies coming out of this country but this one had something special. A kind of cross between Andrei Tarkovsky and Charlie Kaufman.

I actually met the director when working on a tv commercial in advertising school. He looked at our film and said he liked it a lot. I'm not sure if he really meant it (it was kind of a cheap and cheesy commercial), but cool anyway :D
-Stanley Kubrick
Mr.Landlord

Postby Symfoon » 10 Nov 2008, 10:59

The weather was quite abd overhere during the weekend so... plenty of time to watch some nice dvd's :

Indiana Jones - Crystal skull (the latest one, not quite sure if it was wise to make this film.... it doesn't have 'the magic' of the previous 3)
The Bourne ultimatum - Great action movie, no great story just spectaculair entertainment.. i 'fear' this movie was a blue-print for the new James Bond
Doomsday - Quite interesting mix of horror/sci-fi/zombie and Mad Max by Neil Marshall - the king of british horror - who also made film like 'Dog Soldiers' and 'The Descent' in the style of 28 Days + 28 Weeks later...
and for ol'time sake i watched some episodes of 'Voyage to the bottom of the sea'
"Nu is het tijd voor de eerste balade van de avond..." (J.Reingold)
Symfoon

Postby wowie » 15 Nov 2008, 10:24

@Mr.Landlord
:D i knew you know it :D
You already know 'Last Life in the Universe' and 'Ploy' by Pen-Ek Ratanaruang?

@Symfoon
I just heard that Indy 4 is one of the baddest things happened in cinema business ever :D
And i can say that i was very disappointed by Doomsday!!! We were not really angry about the broken data on dvd after 1 hour. Shame on Mr. Hoskins!
I was very impressed with 'The Descent'. Even in the first 20 minutes you think its a lesbian movie :mrgreen:
I dont want to say that lesbian movies, or should i say movies about lesbians are not good, i was rather impressed with this nice mix of different styles. And the climbing in the caves was just so freaking scary!!!
PS: I stopped Dog Soldiers after 10 minutes. The production turned me down. Dont know if i will give him a try again.

Good Handmade Films production. Nice gangster story and pretty good perspective.
And Brosnan as usual cool and IRA agent is pretty nice ;)

again an extra-ordinary movie. Not as crazy and slow as Gozu. But still not easy.
A blending mix of styles and ideas and an extreme tragic story. Very brutal and painful!
Very creative stuff!!!

REAL REAL AND MORE REAL
Very fine movie. But very sad! Not this sadness where you cry and stop. its a creepy and very conscious sadness!
Its modern death!
wowie

Postby Mr.Landlord » 15 Nov 2008, 17:14

wowie, I hadn't heard about those other two you mention, but looked them up on imdb and 'Last Life..' especially looks interesting. Another dvd on my endless 'to-buy' list :) Oh, and 'Oldboy' is probably my favourite movie from 2003.

Last night me and a couple of friends watched a movie I have seen about five times now. One of my definitive favourite films of the last ten years!
It's just an incredibly funny and warm experience. I wish Alexander Payne would make a new film soon. His four works this far (Citizen Ruth, Election, About Schmidt, Sideways) have all been outstanding.

another couple of goodies this week:

This is a real treat for horror and zombie fans! I enjoyed the hell out of it! Humour and horror walking hand in hand without ever becoming tedious. The low budget didn't show much except for a couple of cheesy acting performances.

Here's another solid, low budget horror to watch out for. Similar to movies like 'The Thing' and 'The Blob'. The creature here is really mean and nasty so if blood, spikes and other gross stuff rocks your boat this is a good one :)

If you're not in the mood for zombies and murderous wood creatures this is a good alternative. One of the more experimental Bergman films. Interweaves real life comments and interviews with the actors in the central plot. I don't think I have ever seen anything like it. If you haven't seen any Bergman I recommend you see some of his more accessible films (Fanny & Alexander, Wild Strawberries, Virgin Spring) first though.
-Stanley Kubrick
Mr.Landlord

Postby wowie » 27 Nov 2008, 10:30

havent seen any of those :(
Paul Giamattis filmography gets better and better :D
Just saw this little goodie featuring him:
No masterpiece but more then ok to watch. And Dustin Hoffman as gangster boss is a must see! And Andy Garcia wonderful.

BRICK
This is maybe the best teen movie ever made :mrgreen:
lots of Lynch - crime/social/psycho - hard to describe - check it out!

PRETTY GOOD! Fascinating and very informative!
!!KEEP THE REVOLUTION GOING!!

Very specific topic and no tabus.
Its about a child who is hermaphrodite. Very good movie from Argentina!

VERY Beautiful and tragic! About two lesbian chinese in the 80s.
Slow, calm, soft, warm, wet, green, brown, rainbow, life, intimate, sensitive, ideology, yearning, dream, tradition, fear, .... ;)

and a must post:
Incredible good german movie!!! Mostly about the dumb capitalistic tv business. but its more!
Perfect use of time and precision, revolutionary, revealing, sweet & sour - order & chaos in technic and theme,
even a bit Gilliam!
See it and get enlightened and motivated!! :ugeek:
Last edited by wowie on 03 Jan 2009, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.
wowie

Postby Mr.Landlord » 05 Dec 2008, 01:49

Hmm, I haven't seen any of those movies, wowie. Although, 'Brick' has been on my 'to watch' list for a while. Anything "Lynchian" is good in my book :)

A couple of good films I saw the last week:

Samantha Morton is one of the best actresses working today and this I think is one of her first performances.

One of Chaplin's most recognised movies. Not as funny as 'The Great Dictator' imo, but still a wonderful comedy and definetely one of the top 5 Chaplin films.
-Stanley Kubrick
Mr.Landlord

Postby wowie » 07 Dec 2008, 15:17

Mr.Landlord wrote:Hmm, I haven't seen any of those movies, wowie. Although, 'Brick' has been on my 'to watch' list for a while. Anything "Lynchian" is good in my book :)

A couple of good films I saw the last week:

Samantha Morton is one of the best actresses working today and this I think is one of her first performances.

One of Chaplin's most recognised movies. Not as funny as 'The Great Dictator' imo, but still a wonderful comedy and definetely one of the top 5 Chaplin films.

Mrs. Morton is so cute in Sweet and Lowdown! i loved her role!
Just saw that shes married to a son of Ian Holm. Fascinating :mrgreen:

I saw Robocop the last days. A true classic!! At some points you even have a bit Brazil feeling. Because of the filmed tv news and the camera work.

Let me see what else i had, oh yes i havent told about my nostalgic trip last month:
Image Image
Image Image

The last one is of course a bit out of tune. But i was a bit surprised to see some pretty gore in Dragonslayer. Not that bad!
Perfume is pretty fine. A bit naive, but for a german blockbuster production a top result!
Goyas Ghosts are a bit weak at some points. Specially the return of the muse from prison is very strange, short and without big emotions. But the hanging of the priest and his declaration to be a son of an Orangutan and a chimp is pretty fine!

Kingdom of Heaven is absolutely not bad in my eyes!
I mean, yes its not the truth, but to expect that a historic film is true is absolute nonsense!
I have absolutely no problems with the freedoms he used in the story! And this is maybe the only modern historic movie that comes close to the big old epics like Ben Hur and so on. I had no problem when the movie would be 30 minutes longer. And i think i like it more then Gladiator, but i have to see it again.
Of course the thing with Saladin (different ethnicity) is a bit strange but i have no detailed background information.
I think the movie awakes interest in the history and the conflicts and cruelty's that happened in the name of religion!

All in all a pretty nice historic trip!
Last edited by wowie on 07 Dec 2008, 15:26, edited 1 time in total.
wowie

Postby Mr.Landlord » 07 Dec 2008, 15:24

Hey wowie! Did you see the director's cut of KOH or the theatrical version? I remember loathing the theatrical cut, but then when I saw the DC I absolutely loved it!
-Stanley Kubrick
Mr.Landlord

Postby wowie » 07 Dec 2008, 15:34

Well, im not really sure. I guess i saw the dc, 3 hours or?
And as i said, even here some things were to short and i have no problems with another 30 minutes :D
Where they defend Jerusalem, and they use the distance lines to shoot the towers i thought, those are the fastes towers ive ever seen :D
wowie

Postby progtastic mate » 16 Dec 2008, 16:21

Watched 'It's a wonderful life' last night, it lives up to it's reputation of being a classic film. I would reccomend it
Don't ask me, I'm just making it up as i go along
progtastic mate

Postby Mr.Landlord » 16 Dec 2008, 20:13

'It's a wonderful life' is probably my favourite christmas themed movie in existence. That one and 'Muppets Christmas Carol'. Those are obligatory viewing every year during this season.

My vacation has already started so I've been having some time to catch up on some unwatched dvd's this week.

Loved this at the cinema and it's still packs a great deal of action fun on disc.

Horror/drama from Hammer studios. A little slow and tedious at times but a great finale makes up for some lost tension during the first part.

A better Hammer production, but still doesn't achieve the greatness that the studio could bring out when at their best. This is a good and entertaining monstermovie with that lush and expensive 'look' that only Hammer could do on a tight budget.

Second viewing of this and I'm very tempted to declare it the best movie of 2008. Those of you who haven't seen this charming and intelligent treat yet should really rush out and buy the impressive dvd set which also contains some great bonus materials in addition to the film.
-Stanley Kubrick
Mr.Landlord

Postby wowie » 20 Dec 2008, 14:14

Im pretty hot on Wall-E. Looks like i have some good reasons :D

Mr. Landlord, Im very happy to recommend you:
FEAST
Some of the best fun horror since Evil Dead & Severance & Slither!!
Henry Rollins in his best role ;)
Very brutal and shocking!

then i had
Mr. Brooks
MR. COSTNER IS BACK!!!!
William Hurt as his alter ego - a bit Jekyll & Hyde style fused with serial killer and much more.
Demi Moore plays also a good role as cop!
I know it sounds weired, but trust me, this is a pretty watchable movie!

Tropic Thunder
Some nice & funny scenes in here. Maybe the best Stiller up to now.
Tom Cruise is gorgeous! Or better said, the idea to give Cruise the role is gorgeous :D
Robert Downey Jr. as black guy is brilliant! And Mr. Black also does a good job!

Tekkon Kinkreet
Very fine anime!!! HI-DEF in graphic and plot!!!

Paprika
Another very fine anime! With a little touch of 'Eternal sunshine of a spotless mind'.
An absolute bombastic journey!
wowie

Postby Mr.Landlord » 20 Dec 2008, 15:29

Nice to see other people discovering 'Feast' :) I love that crazy splatter! They made a sequel which is supposed to be pretty decent as well. I will order that dvd when it drops in price.

I've yet to finish 'Paprika'. Watched half of it late at night, but got so tired I had to stop it. I had some weird dreams that night! Gonna have to finish it some day.
-Stanley Kubrick
Mr.Landlord

Postby wowie » 21 Dec 2008, 15:51

^^ :D

Havent heard of the sequel, will check it!
btw http://animeaficionado.com/
nice site

(i knew you know it)
wowie

Postby Mr.Landlord » 28 Dec 2008, 00:47

An norwegian action/thriller set during the World War II which has been raking in some serious cash over here, just one week after it opened. I was pleasantly surprised to see such a quality action offering from my own country. Tight script, exciting and some very good performances. The period setting has been captured perfectly. There's also plans to release it abroad so maybe it will arrive at a cinema near you :)

I'm so very happy with my new Hammer box set from Sony. Two of my favourite films from the studio has been included. 'Scream of Fear' is Hammer's best 'Psycho' rip-off. Following the success of Hitchcock's masterpiece the studio tried to recreate the same kind of magic for themselves with knock off's like, 'The Nanny', 'Nightmare', 'Paranoiac' and this one. None of them as great as 'Psycho' though 'Scream..' comes dangerously close.

This is one of the absolutely coolest, creepiest and original Hammer films. We have both Cristopher Lee and Peter Cushing in the leading roles with Terence Fisher directing. You could barely ask for a better recipe for classic horror movie. This is one worth seeking out!

The obligatory christmas flick. This became a new favourite last year. Warm, funny and sad. A chick flick in many ways, but come on... it's christmas :D
-Stanley Kubrick
Mr.Landlord

Postby wowie » 03 Jan 2009, 12:42

Wall-E
best Disney since Alice in Wonderland!!
WONDERFUL SOUNDTRACK (Thomas Newman/Peter Gabriel)!!!

Eagle vs. Shark
For people who like Gondry & Anderson! For some it might be a very dumb movie - but thats mankind - everyone of us is a nerd in minimum one question!

Idiocracy
Nice one! Some good ideas and graphics! Even some Wall-E similarities!!
Dont miss the pimped end after the credits ;)

Tokyo Godfathers
very fine anime! Already a classic!

Prinzessin Mononoke
another classic! And a true journey!

I also had: Breakfast on Pluto (7,5/10), Collateral (8,5/10), Juno (7,5/10), Paranoid Park (8,5/10), Factotum (8/10), Frenzy (8/10), Vertigo (10/10), 25 Hours (7/10), Anthony Zimmer (8/10)

@Mr. Landlord
What do you think about the Wall-E end-credits?
I think its the most beautiful end-credits ive ever seen and listened too :D
wowie

Postby Mr.Landlord » 08 Jan 2009, 01:44

I don't recall what was so special about those ending credits. Kidding ;) A great new Peter Gabriel song and perfectly delivered credits from Pixar. I just love that studio! Their new movie, 'Up' is out in may and that also looks spectacular. According to people who have seen it, it's even more moving and beautiful than, 'Wall-E'. I can't wait!

Just saw this wonderful movie this evening:
Now, I' not a big musical fan, but the dancing scenes and musical numbers in this movie blew me away. The theme is also much more sombre than your usual Broadway adaptation. Death, illness, obsession are the main focus and the main character is played brilliantly by Roy Scheider. It won a few academy awards, including 'best picture' in 1981.

A really excellent portrait of a special human being! Not a particularly sympatethic or likeable guy, but Randy 'The Ram' Robinson is so well-played by Mickey Rourke that you can not fail to like him. This is another contender for movie of the year!

Early Bergman and not really one of his best. What this film does contain is a sweet story with a serious and bleak undertone and lots of themes that Bergman would explore more thoroughly in later works.
-Stanley Kubrick
Mr.Landlord

Postby wowie » 25 Jan 2009, 11:13

Directly the next one, huh thats heavy. So im also very hot on UP.
Again a strange Gabriel similarity!??

Sideways
Really very, very nice movie. Not super experimental but great precision and wisdom in plot and shooting! In addition they use a very good realism. Funny, sad, lot of important sense and reason, not too slow and an EXTREMELY good working end - what do you need more for a non-fantasy movie!?!

The constant gardener
A bit depressing but a good and watchable movie! WITH A VERY IMPORTANT THEME!!!! Its about the capitalistic behavior in the pharma business.

Burn after reading
Some very good scenes in here and all in all the idea is pretty good.
But the movie is not fully developed in my eyes. In the beginning its a bit difficult to feel good. I had a strange feeling of unrest. But it changes and the end is a better ride. The last scene is absolutely hilarious! But I guess the script was pretty difficult.
But heavy respect for the idea and the production!! I hope they keep it goin - there are some relly nice blockbusters at the moment!
Lynch, Jarmusch, Coen, Tarantino, (Wes and Paul) Anderson, Kaufman, Gondry, Jonze, Kelly, Ritchie - just a few names of top class moviemakers who give Hollywood and the global film a fresh and hi-def mask!

The information is floating like an exploding vulcan! The culture is in a new flowering time!! The 2nd Renaissance will come to an end soon - or she will never end ;)

YES
The dialog is in poem form a la shakespeare. I think its called Pentameter. And it flows very good, much better then in Romeo & Julia. But i think thats because Sally Potter (regie, script and music!) had much more freedom to develop here.
A good, maybe a VERY good, movie. With lot of very philosophic dialog and lot of feeling. Its different and absolutely watchable!

Pirates of Silicon Valley
Good biographic movie about the origin and evolution of Apple (Jobs) and Microsoft (Gates).
Its a TV production. But absolutely watchable if you are interested in this kind of topic.

German movie about the evolution of the german hacker community fused with a bit Wilson'cher mythology (Illuminates etc), spy action and psychology.
Together with Pirates of Silicon Valley a nice double feature!!

The Illusionist
Again Paul Giamatti :D
And how could it be else then a very watchable movie!! Indeed, with some very VERY nice pictures and atmospheres!!

Rescue Dawn
Its a true story! Old theme ( US (born german) vietnam prisoner) but absolutely not lame. It got this Werner Herzog touch and Bale and Zahn are just so nice. Its also not that sad like many other prisoner films.
But a sad sad end for Steve Zahn. He is so charming and then he get this end - i thought, this cant be!!! :D

i also had: Himmel über Berlin (9/10), Jagdhunde (8/10), Serpico, The Sting (9/10) and Hancock (7,6/10).
wowie

Postby Max Power » 09 Mar 2009, 20:19

Watched slumdog Millionaire, very good!
My Girlfriend bought the soundtrack and it's very promising as well!
Max Power

Postby wowie » 30 Apr 2009, 10:16

^^ Havent seen it. But maybe i can do it this week. will see ...

Here are my highlights from the last 2 month:

ITS ALL ABOUT LOVE
with Joaquin Phoenix and Claire Danes. A WONDERFUL movie!!!
Its a mix of romance, thriller and apocalyptic sci-fi.
A bit of Lynch and a bit of Hitchcock and such movies can come out!!
Very good!

LET THE RIGHT ONE IN
WOW!! I cant tell you the genre and i hope you dont look!!
Because this is a heavy suprise! You know its a horror movie but this tops every expectation!!
Just brilliant!!

NETWORK
Sidney, Lumet, Robert Duvall, Faye Dunaway, 1976 - satire
THIS IS A PROPHECY!!! Very deep, heavy turnings and messages.
This movie deserves much more attention!!!
Maybe the most underrated oscar winner ;)

ROBOTIC ANGEL
Very fine anime!! Fantastic and overwhelming pictures and a top notch story.
Adapted from Langs 'Metropolis'.
EPIC!!

4 months, 3 weeks, 2 days
A time document from runamnia. It plays 1987.
A very very good movie about abortion!!
The whole movie you follow this one girl that helps her friend to abort.
2 days. Absolue terror!
I think i havent seen any realism movie with so much horror!!

FETTE WELT
German movie about being a homeless. Pretty depressing but pretty good in its solution and production!

CASHBACK
maybe the best teen movie ever made.
A bit crossover with sci-fi. Not as good as Richard Kelly films but it has a very creative style and even its all about love, its not that dumb and there is much room for more! ;)
Its even very enlightening what the shame belongs!

ALPHAVILLE
just one of the best movies ever made!!!
Nobody was so good with words like Godard!!
A MUST FOR EVERY REVOLUTIONARY and SCI-FI LOVER!!!!

AFTER LIFE
what a movie ... a mix of mystic and docu.
Its about a post-life company doing movies about the death memorys. But they have to decide for one!

EX-DRUMMER
heavy social analytic and about music! hard to describe.
Better have a look before you watch it. But there are some very nice mindbreaking scenes in it!

DAS BOOT
German classic, 6 hours of very good entertainment, lots of historic feeling and info.
Just a classic!! And maybe the best u-boot movie still!

some more for the movie addicts: ACID HOUSE (punk, indie, uk), IKARIE-XBI (sci-fi from the old schoool), MAthilde (french comedy and history), Fauteuils d'orchestre (french dolce vita)

BTW does anybody here know the Sherlock Holmes series with Jeremy Brett?
wowie

Postby Max Power » 04 Jun 2009, 19:51

Iron Maiden flight 666, cool if you are curious about them, off course if you're a Maiden fanatic you've already seen this.

Yesman
Nothing groundbreaking, but I've had a fun watch :)

Sm Rechter
I've expected a very weak movie, that's probably the reason why I didn't leave the cinemas in total disgust.

The Dutchess
GOOD

The Bucket List
Awesome!

Slumdog Millionaire
INCREDIBLE! As far as I can tell : MOVIE OF THE YEAR! Also check the OST (some east meets westfusion, not bad at all :D )

The woman
Better than expected!
Max Power

Postby wowie » 05 Jun 2009, 08:24

:D
Hey, youve heard about that Crowley movie, Crowley back from hell by Bruce Dickinson?
Very good idea but i heard it must be very trashy and cheap. And Crowley is the bad guy.

Ive watched Slumdog Millionaire. Really a very good movie. In the action scenes you can recognize the bollywood style. And of course in the end when they begin to dance :D The cruelty they describe and the pictures are very good made!! VERY GOOD MOVIE!

Anybody watched the new StarTrek?
I think the red car and the red bug was not necessary. All in all the movie was a bit to much thick brush production. But if you know the history of Abrams, you should expect nothing else. Of course LOST is cool but the rest is .... naja POPCORN
What impressed me a lot was the actors work. And it helped to dont think to much about the deepness in the movie. Very good work by the actors and the cast and the regie here!!
Another thing where Abrams tops his self all the time are the sound effects. WOW!!!
And the best space effects ive ever seen. Very impressing!

Then i watched
Fearless
Good movie about the origin of Wushu. Ive seen the uncut.

And i had
Zardoz
Well, Sean Connery and sci-fi is nothing that got lot of success.
But there are some nice ideas in this movie. You can see if you like Sean Connery and utopian sci-fi.

Hairspray
Really good made movie/musical.
Travolta and Walken are hillarious!! AWESOME!!
Specially for all music lovers a pleasure!!
SOUL MAN!!

Another not so good but enjoyable for fans is
MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN.
Its horror, even gore. With a solid story good acting and a radical finish.
Still for fans of horror and maybe for some photographers.
wowie

Postby Max Power » 13 Aug 2009, 15:58

After all the crap I've seen lately this was a welcoming change!

GOOD, Very even!
Max Power

Postby wowie » 14 Aug 2009, 10:42

havent seen both.

sad but very good movie!

Nice. No Forrest but nice.

Watchmen - the best super hero movie made until now!!

Very nice movie!

:D :D :D
anybody already seen INGLORIOUS BASTARDS?

another trashy one
A MUST WATCH FOR ALL BRUCE FANS!!!

Also very good one!!
wowie

Postby Mister Giggles » 04 Nov 2009, 14:47

Good for his days
This movie gets his charm from his deep storyline and not the special effect which is de basis for some of the modern day scifi

Richard Jordan ( Logan's run) plays the rol of Duncan idaho excellent.
Mister Giggles

Postby Max Power » 05 Nov 2009, 12:51

Micmacs a tire-larigot
GREAT GREAT GREAT! Another candidate for movie of the year! If you liked amelie poulain you need this! (except that it's not a love story this time, but it sure has the same level of creativity if not much more!)
Max Power

Next

Return to Flower Power